Monday, September 16, 2013

A Life Of Magic

A Life Of Magic

 
I sit beneath vaulting curves of wood
Snake forms spiraling into the sky
With a million flags of green
Sprouted in complete surrender

A breeze comes
And I can hear the movement
Of the sky
And in this moment doubt erupts

Who am I to feel this way?
Where are my credentials?
Where is the proof?
My heart dips
In the trough of emotion
I stare out from the bottom
And suddenly I catch a swell
My heart leaps to crest and
I spring up to capture the
Hawk feather tumbling by
I hold it
And feel no need for faith

I carry the feather with me
As a beautiful mark in time
When I swam in alignment

Later

A little girl on a red tricycle
Looks through her golden locks
At the feather in my hand
She squints at the sun
And says, “Can I have it?”
I place the feather in
Her little hand
And she smiles
“It’s a magic feather,” I say
“Take good care of it”

Lessons can grow roots from tests
No matter pass or fail
These roots will go deep
If I take care of them
Magic
Exists only in relationship
Alone
It can’t survive the elements
We must give it shelter
In the warmth of our near bodies

No comments:

Post a Comment