Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Vision

A Vision

I fell through green leaves
Thousands of them
Whipping against my face
As my body plummeted

The foliage bore this
With such nimbleness
Not breaking
Just bending as I passed

On and on I fell until
You caught me in your slender arms
Cradled my momentum
And smiled when I looked into your
Violet eyes
You kissed me
With deep red lips and
Slipped your purple tongue over mine
With the sweetness of nectar

You became smaller and slid
Into my body through the opening you’d made
I stood tall with you inside me
I grew roots out my feet and
Became fast to the fertile earth
I raised my arms so that
Stems could shoot from my fingers
And rise quickly upwards
Sprouting leaves
Up to where they could unfurl
And bask in the sun

It felt so good
Down in the penumbra
I could feel the light pulse down my stem
Like a heartbeat
Not mine
But ours
Everything’s
Nutrients rose into my feet
I drank crystal clear water
And mixed it with the sun

This is my center
Where the everlasting light from above
Meets dark and loamy earth
A being grounded in shadow
Connected to golden light


No comments:

Post a Comment